Press "Enter" to skip to content

Global Tomato Processing Market is expected to flourish with the surge in Fast Food Industry

Tomato processing involves from harvesting to end product conversion of tomatoes. Despite the presence of several tomato types, processing tomatoes are chosen for their thick skin and capacity to transport effectively. Currently, about 80% of the tomatoes grown around the world are consumed fresh, while the remaining 20% are used in the tomato processing sector. Tomatoes are processed in a variety of ways, including canning, dehydrating, and making a paste, pulp, puree, ketchup, tomato juice, and tomato sauce.

The global tomato processing market is flourishing with the shift in western food culture. This is mainly attributed to the rise in the middle-class population, increase in disposable income, and rapid expansion of fast-food sector in developing countries. On top of this, constant demand for sauces and processed tomato puree in traditional western cooking is also supporting the market growth. Also, availability of efficient food grade packaging solutions is significantly supporting the growth of the market. However, fluctuation in crop prices and strict guidelines for processing products are the major challenges for the market growth.

The global tomato processing market is categorized based on product type, application, and region. The product type segment is comprised of fresh tomato and processed tomato products. Based on application, the global market for tomato processing is categorized into paste, sauces, ketchup, canned tomatoes, juice, and others

Asia Pacific is expected to remain top regional market for tomato processing. With the largest tomato producing countries such as India and China, Asia Pacific leads the global tomato processing market. Number of tomato processing plants is rapidly increasing in developing countries of this region. Besides, large domestic market itself contributes large revenue to the regional market. North America is likely to be the second largest regional market for tomato processing. Demand for processed tomato products such as sauces and puree are high in the United States and Canada. Also, presence of key tomato processing companies in the region significantly supports the growth of the market. Europe on other hand is set to expand its agricultural processing industry, which may contribute in the healthy growth of the market over the forecast period.

Key players operating in the global tomato processing market include The Morning Star Company, COFCO Tunhe Tomato Co., Ltd., Xinjiang Chalkis Company Ltd., Ingomar Packing Co., ConAgra Brands, Inc., Olam International, Los Gatos Tomato Products, China Haohan Group Limited, Campbell Soup Company, Toma-Tek, Stanislaus Food Products, Consorzio Interregionale Ortofrutticoli S.c.a.r.l., and Univer Product Plc. among the others.

In 2017, in Hungary, Univer Product Plc. inaugurated its renovated tomato processing factory. The factory process fresh tomatoes to produce a range of product such as ketchup, aseptic tomato concentrates, dressings, jams, mustards, and sauces. It claims to be the largest of this kind in Eastern Europe and is built with sophisticated technology systems.

Get Sample of this Research Reporthttps://www.marketresearchstore.com/sample/tomato-processing-market-826300

Sr. Content Writer At The Food Beverage News

Having a Master’s Degree in Brewing Technology and overall experience of 6 years in the field of writing, Jerri has been one of the most workaholic and dedicated team members of thefoodbeveragenews.com portal. She has been a part of this portal for 4 years now. Jerri started a career in writing with freelancing and the journey has been worth watching and appraising. She handles the Beverage Industry domain of the portal and along with her team provides all the vital and up-to-the-minute news and reports to the readers in a simple and comprehensible manner.

Be First to Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *